header

Thursday 9 January 2014

Best of Beauty 2013

There's been a fair few posts like this one floating around since the rather too hasty arrival of the New Year, and I personally love perusing the products that have seen fellow beauty junkies through the past four seasons. So I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring and try to narrow down my beauty favourites to five items that I couldn't have lived without in 2013.
I'm a huge fan of bronze and gold eyeshadows, as they bring out the best in my baby blues. Top of the polls for me is NARS' eyeshadow duo in Isolde. A beautiful antique gold and the perfect bronze shade, this pretty pairing is a dream to blend, has great colour pay off, and has lasted forever! I wear them on pretty much a daily basis, and I'm still not even close to hitting pan! I find them equally wonderful for creating that bronzy summer effect, and the perfect golden Christmassy look. I really don't know what I would have done without this delectable duo for the past year. 
This may seem like a bit of a boring favourite but I'm struggling to remember a time when it wasn't in my make up bag. A product that I never switch out of my daily routine, I use it through my brows, to define my crease and, oh so occasionally, as an actual eyeshadow. Again, not the most exciting of colours but definitely a staple for me.
I don't know what it is about this highlighter, but I just cannot get enough. It has a gorgeous mother of pearl sheen to it, and is subtle enough that I use it every day. When applied liberally, however, it's the perfect product for creating an amped up glowing complexion. J'adore.

For me, this is the ultimate foundation. I discovered it a couple of years ago and, whatever new bases I try, I always end up running back to this one. I have rather dry skin, and I rarely find liquid foundations I like that don't emphasise that, but this gives me the perfect amount of coverage without sticking to any dry patches. With it, I can achieve the very natural, dewy looking skin that I love, and it also has the added bonus of an SPF which, for pale gals like me, is a must. Appealing to my fellow porcelains, this foundation comes in a light enough shade for me. Rejoice! Granted, I do have to go for the lightest shade in their range, but still - it's a rare find, no?
This one just happens to be the one I'm coveting at the moment, but I'd settle for anything from the MaxFactor False Lash Effect range. I favour volume over length when it comes to lashes, and I've yet to find another mascara, high end or otherwise, that plumps up my lash line like these babies do.

It actually proved extremely difficult to pick just five products that I couldn't have gone without last year. I agonised over what deserved a spot, what the criteria should be, and there were a number  of products that I absolutely love that didn't quite make the cut. I'm happy with my pick though, and you never know, some of the runners up might elbow their way into a top five in 2014. But that's one for another year. 

What are your favourite products of 2013? Do they match any of mine? Let me know! 

S. 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment