header

Thursday 3 October 2013

Review: Fishwife by Butter London

I've said it a few times now, but Butter London is, without a shadow of a doubt, my favourite brand of nail varnish. I love the colour range, the consistency and opacity of their products, as well as the names and the sophisticated packaging. At around £12 a go, they're not what you would call an affordable brand, but I still have rather a few in my collection, despite my bleeding debt card. Here is most recent addition to my Butter London brood, and what was definitely my favourite shade for Summer - Fishwife.

Fishwife, which I actually quite like the name of, weird as it sounds, is a colour that I had been lusting over for quite some time prior to actually getting my hands on it. Sadly, being unavailable in England, I had to shelf it and get on with life. However, during my summer trip to Singapore, I saw it nestled happily in amongst the nail polish displays at Sephora, and ran to grab it so fast I think I might have scared the sales assistant a little. It is now safely back home in my collection, and, having now given it quite a lot of wear, I can tell you that it's a keeper.

The colour itself is the most beautiful holographic sea foam green, with a streak of gold to it, as well as a huge array of other shimmery particles, so that in some lights, it can look really fitting of it's name, and in others, more muted and warm. I'm writing this before I have taken any photographs, so I sincerely hope I can capture it well on camera, although I think I'm being a bit too optimistic. You'll just have to take my word for it. It's a beaut.

As for it's quality, it takes a few coats to really look fantastic, but I think, for the end result, it's so worth the effort! I mean, you could get away with one, but it just looks a little meek and by no means show stopping. I usually go for about 3 coats, which I think looks perfect. The consistency is that of the least streaky polish I have ever owned, and, I'm not entirely sure why but this stuff just does not chip! I don't use a top coat with it, as I feel it impairs the effect somewhat, and I'm curious as to whether this is why it lasts so long. Odd, considering the opposite should be the case.

I am head over heels for this shade, and it's definitely my favourite colour for the Spring/Summer months. Sadly, Autumn has arrived rather abruptly, so I doubt I will get much wear out of it now. So farewell Fishwife, we will meet again next Spring. I will miss you dearly, but until then, I'm excited to start rocking some autumnal berry tones and burgundy shades.

Are you a Butter London fan? What is your favourite Butter London shade? Do you own Fishwife? Let me know!

S.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I love Butter London and that shade is gorgeous! Unfortunately I don't wear nail polish nearly enough to justify BL's prices. BUT if I had unlimited money and I didn't work in such a strict conservative setting, I'd seriously buy every single shade of varnish that Butter London came out with, starting with this one :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty pricey! If I was honest with myself, I probably can't afford them either, but they keep calling out to me! This one is so beautiful though, I'm glad you like it =) xx

      Delete