header

Sunday 29 September 2013

To Read...2013

All pictures from Goodreads
Firstly, I would again like to apologise for being on such poor form for the past month. I made big plans to get myself more organised and to blog on a more regular, structured basis, but I've just been so busy for the past couple of weeks that, yet again, I've let my poor little page fall by the wayside. In all fairness, it was my birthday on Friday (23 doesn't seem as bad as I thought it would!) so I feel like I can let myself off a little. As I only got home from flitting around the south of England about an hour ago, I don't have a Book of the Week for today, just as I didn't last week (again, sorry), so instead I thought I'd put together a quick list of all the books I want to read before the year is up. Some may call it a rather ambitious list, but aim high, I always say.

Here are a few books that have been on my 'to read' list for far too long now, in no particular order:

A Song Of Ice And Fire - A Dance With Dragons, Part 1 & 2 // George R. R. Martin
Captain Corelli's Mandolin // Louis de Bernieres
The Beautiful & Damned // F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Godfather // Mario Puzo
The Cuckoo's Calling // Robert Galbraith
One Summer: America 1927 // Bill Bryson
A Thousand Splendid Suns // Khaled Hosseini
The Book Thief // Markus Zusak
The Night Circus // Erin Morgenstern

That's all for the moment. No doubt I've forgotten one or twenty, and the list will inevitably grow as the days shorten. I always value recommendations, so I would love to hear your suggestions. Have you read anything amazing recently? What's your favourite book? Have you read anything from my list? What should I read first? Let me know!

S.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

6 comments:

  1. I've read a few of those books - A Thousand Splendid Suns is excellent. I also have a few books on my reading list I really need to get around to reading...once I actually have some time that is.

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard amazing things about it, so I'm really excited to read it! I'd love to see a review of it in one of your book club posts! xx

      Delete
  2. Thank u for the book recommendations! Love these kind of posts :)
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're such lovely presents, hope you had a great birthday! xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete